This recipe is from a cooking school I attended in Spain years ago. It’s relatively healthy, gluten free and super quick and easy!
Flourless Chocolate Cake
Makes one 9-inch round cake
- 4 eggs
- 4 oz white sugar
- 4 oz butter
- 4 oz dark chocolate 70-80%
- 2 TBS cornstarch
- Grand Marnier
- Chocolate powder or confectioner’s sugar for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 360 degrees F (180 degrees C). Grease a 9-inch round cake pan.
- Place the chocolate and butter in the top of a double boiler and allow to slowly melt.
- Beat the eggs, sugar and cornstarch in the bowl of a food processor. Process until smooth. Pour in the melted chocolate while continuing to whisk. Blend until smooth, scraping down the corners to make sure chocolate is completely mixed.
- Add Grand marnier (or preferred liquor) if using. Transfer the batter to the cake pan.
- Bake at 360 for 10 minutes then reduce oven to 250 and bake an additional 20 minutes.
- Cool in the pan on a wire rack for 10 to 15 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate. Dust with confectioners' sugar just before serving.