Pet Friendly Policies
We understand that for many guests, your pet is your family. Traveling with pets can take some extra work, especially when searching for a pet friendly hotel. Whispering Pines Bed and Breakfast is happy to accommodate pets and their owners with just a few guidelines to ensure that all our guests can relax and enjoy their time with us.
Whispering Pines Pet Friendly Policy attempts to accommodate two types of guests:
- Those that love their pets, want to bring them along, but understand that there may be certain restrictions
- Those that may not be too fond of furry friends for reasons such as a bad experience or allergies
Our Pet Friendly “Policy for Paws”
Whispering Pines Bed and Breakfast is pleased to welcome pets with consideration to the following terms and conditions.
- Guests must disclose any accompanying pets at check-in. A $20 per pet, per night fee will be added to your accommodation charge. Allowance is three (3) pets per room maximum. (For extended stays over 3 nights and multiple pets, this may be reduced.)
- Pets must be fully trained, housebroken, and appropriately restrained (e.g. on a leash, held by owner, or in a kennel or secure carrier) at all times and throughout Whispering Pines’ property unless it is in the guest's room.
- If left unattended, pets must be confined to a kennel or carrier within guest room. Owners are responsible for supplying their own kennel or equivalent.
- Pets are not allowed in any common or dining areas with the exception of the outside porch/deck/patio. This exclusion does not apply to certified service animals.
- Guests are responsible for cleaning up after their pet on Whispering Pines’ property and in the surrounding neighborhood. Poop bags are provided as part of the complimentary paws package received upon check-in and a waste trash can is located outside all pet friendly rooms.
- If pets are to be allowed on furniture in guest’s room, the sheet provided in the paws package must be used as a protective cover.
- Any disturbances, such as barking, must be curtailed to ensure other guests are not inconvenienced.
- Guests are responsible for all property damages and/or personal injuries resulting from their pet. Whispering Pines Bed & Breakfast reserves the right to charge guest's account commensurate to the cost of such damages.
- Guests agree to indemnify and hold harmless Whispering Pines Bed & Breakfast, its owners and its operators from all liability and damage suffered as a result of the guest's pet.
Whispering Pines Bed & Breakfast reserves the right to dismiss any guest from its premises due to failure to comply with the above terms and conditions.
Pet Guest Packet
We’ll provide you with a pet packet upon arrival that includes:
- a bag of homemade natural treats
- directions to our local dog park
- a sheet to use as a protective cover in the room in case your pet must be on our beds or furniture.
Although you are welcome to wander our grounds with your pet, Nebraska City has an amazing dog park about a mile away with fenced areas for small and large dogs.
Choose From Our Two Pet Friendly Rooms
Roost in the Barn provides ample space for our larger fur friends and those that travel with multiple pets. (Or, pets that like to speak their minds! Woof!) It features 1 King Bed and 1 Double Bed - Sleeps 4 people.
Victoria's Suite is in the main house with an outside entrance just off the wrap-around porch, this garden level room is cozy and has heated floor tiles in the bathroom that make for great (cat) naps. It features 1 Queen Bed - Sleeps 2 people.
We know that for people with allergies, dog friendly isn't so friendly for them. Three of our rooms are strictly "no pets". The benefit of staying at our pet friendly bed and breakfast is that we are certain that pets have not visited these rooms. Both of our pet friendly rooms have outside entrances so the common areas are also pet free.
If you have severe allergies, feel free to contact us with any questions you may have.