Pet Friendly Policies
We understand that for many guests, your pet is your family. Traveling with pets can take some extra work, especially when searching for a pet friendly hotel. Whispering Pines Bed and Breakfast is happy to accommodate pets and their owners with just a few guidelines to ensure that all our guests can relax and enjoy their time with us.
Whispering Pines Pet Friendly Policy attempts to accommodate two types of guests:
- Those that love their pets, want to bring them along, but understand that there may be certain restrictions
- Those that may not be too fond of furry friends for reasons such as a bad experience or allergies
Our Pet Friendly “Policy for Paws”
- $15 per stay for pet rent. This helps us with the extra cleaning that is likely required from our furry friends.
- Pets must be housebroken
- Two of our rooms can accommodate pets – based on availability – Roost in the Barn and Victoria’s Suite
- No paws on beds or furniture (should your pet choose not to behave, we will provide you a clean pet-friendly sheet we’d like you to use.)
- Owner must supply pet bed, kennel or equivalent place for pet to sleep
- Pets may ONLY be left in room unattended within their kennel. Many pets tend to feel safer in a kennel when in a strange place without their owners.
- If unacceptable noise occurs, that could be bothersome and annoying to other guests, management retains the right to request pet be removed.
- Pet must be on a leash when around other guests. Many pets are not comfortable around strangers and many people are not comfortable around animals, so this is a precaution that keeps everyone safe and comfortable.
- Paws and pets are not allowed in our common or dining areas. When you arrive and come to the house to check-in, please leave your pet in the car.
- If damages occur (including flea infestation), or we require extensive cleaning due to shedding, pet owner is responsible for the cost of replacement and/or repair.
- Please notify us of any particular requirements for service animals so we may make appropriate accommodations.
Pet Guest Packet
We’ll provide you with a pet packet upon arrival that includes:
- a bag of homemade natural treats
- a copy of this policy
- directions to our local dog park
- a sheet to use in the room in case your pet must be on our beds or furniture.
Although you are welcome to wander our grounds with your pet, Nebraska City has an amazing dog park about a mile away with fenced areas for small and large dogs.
Our “Policy for People with Pet Allergies”
We know that for people with allergies, dog friendly isn’t so friendly for them. Three of our rooms are strictly “no pets”. The benefit of staying at our pet friendly bed and breakfast is that we are certain that pets have not visited these rooms. Both of our pet friendly rooms have outside entrances so the common areas are also pet free.
If you have severe allergies, feel free to contact us with any questions you may have.