Have Whispering Pines Bed and Breakfast all to yourself with our Whole House Rental (all 5 rooms) or our Rent the Inn option that includes full kitchen access. Enjoy an overnight stay or gather for a getaway reunion in an 1878 Victorian Farmhouse updated with all the modern amenities on six pastoral acres. Whispering Pines Bed and Breakfast has the perfect blend of numerous, comfortable gathering spaces indoors and out yet still having plenty of private spaces to be on your own. The highlight of our Rent the Inn package is access to the kitchen. We’ll clear out to make room for your supplies and turn the kitchen over for the duration of your stay. Your group enjoys:
- Exclusive use of the full-service, gourmet kitchen stocked with cookware, glassware, and place settings, complete with most every gadget you can imagine, a 4×8′ butcher block island, 5 burner gas stove, double oven and a large refrigerator with ice maker. Extra side-by-side refrigerator.
- Outdoor herb garden in season
- On the patio: Char-Broil BBQ Grill with 4-burners, rotisserie and side burner
- Deep freeze space may be available with advance request
View our Vacation Rental policies for more specifics.
Our five guest rooms can sleep 10 people (double occupancy). Additional beds and pull-outs plus a ½ bath in the den can accommodate up to 6 additional adults. We welcome children with ‘well-behaved parents’ to watch over them. And we haven’t forgotten your ‘fur kids’, they are welcome to stay in our two pet friendly rooms.
- Full Gourmet Breakfast Each Morning
- WiFi throughout the property
- Six acres of grounds, for outdoor games and picnics
- Fire pit (stocked with wood and kindling)
- Seven person outdoor hot tub
- Dining room, parlor, & den inside the main house
- Wrap-around porch
- Covered and open decks
- Two person hammock
- DVD players, movie library, playing cards, puzzles, and games
- Wine glasses and corkscrews
- Complimentary snacks (including Jeanna’s famous chocolate chip cookies)
- Seasonal beverages
- Housekeeping services
- Pets welcome within the two pet friendly guest rooms (Roost in the Barn and Victoria’s)
- TV with cable in all house rooms
- TV in barn with DVD player
- Private Baths
- “Bee Kind” shampoo, conditioner, and shower gel
- Hair dryers
- Luxury Linens
- Mini-fridges with bottled water
Our guests tell us that photos just don’t do justice to our welcoming home and expansive grounds. We invite you to take a Virtual Tour through Whispering Pines Bed & Breakfast. It might help you choose which room is right for your stay. Check your dates for availability here and book now. Still have questions? Call (402) 205-7003
Click on the arrows to move around the tour. Drag the mouse to spin the view. Straight ahead will take you indoors to our Common Areas including the Foyer, the more formal Parlor, our welcoming Dining Room and the comfy and casual Den. Click the right arrow to see the best porch in town! If you make it to the end of the porch, you’ll see the private entrance to Victoria’s Wine Cellar and the screen door to the hot tub. Continue off the porch and wander the edge of the flower garden and waterfall. Beyond the trees is the Roost in the Barn.
Choose between several optional add-ons such as evening dinner service, cooking classes or murder mystery dinners. The Rent the Inn is perfect for folks that enjoy cooking family favorites together or are simply looking for a more affordable travel option for holiday celebrations. Every group has different needs and questions to be answered. Contact us and we can help you decide which rental option is right for your group.
Nebraska City Attractions
Whispering Pines can help you create lasting memories for a wide range of people and interests. Located on the edge of town, Whispering Pines is just blocks from Arbor Lodge Mansion and State Historical Park. Historic Nebraska City is loved for its many museums, historic sites, apple orchards, vineyards, bird watching, golf course, spa offerings, art galleries, music, unique shops, family adventures, cycling trails, hiking and walking trails, local water park… there really is something for everyone in your group.
After a day of adventures, your group can enjoy the peaceful, secluded atmosphere behind the pines with our hot tub, fire pit, wrap-around porch plus acres of grassy areas perfect for any number of outdoor games.