This kale and corn salad screams summertime! Just back from the farmer’s market with nearly all the fixings, it’s a nice light and fresh side or add shrimp, chicken, quinoa or beans to make it a full meal. It’s quick, easy and delicious.
- ¼ C. fresh lime juice
- 1 T. honey
- 1 jalapeno pepper (or other*) seeded and finely chopped
- 3 t. chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 t. kosher sea salt
- 3 med. ears of corn Raw, grilled or boiled, and kernels removed
- 2 C. kale chopped and rinsed
- 1 avocado pitted, peeled and diced
- 1 lg. heirloom tomato diced
- 3 T green onions chopped
- 3 cups cooked chicken
- 1 can beans (Chickpeas or Black beans)
- 2 cups Quinoa
- 3 cups cooked shrimp
For vinaigrette, combine first 5 ingredients. Set aside.
For salad, prepare corn and chop kale. Prepare other vegetables as directed.
Toss together all vegetables with vinaigrette. Add protein, if desired. Fresh ground black pepper to taste. Enjoy!
*Banana peppers, pepperocinis or roasted red pepper are great substitutes