We love to make these once the Fall weather shows up. We cut them into smaller portion sizes so more people can sample them at breakfast and it doesn’t seem like such a big indulgence.
The white chocolate chips may get brown and crispy in the oven, but they sure are tasty!
These scones are a perfect blend of sweet and savory and great at the breakfast table or alongside a salad.
- 2 cups flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 1 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 Tablespoons butter chilled and cut into small pieces
- 1/3 can pumpkin
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 6 oz. white chocolate chips
- 1 egg for egg wash
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Mix first eight ingredients together. Cut in butter using a pastry blender or 2 forks until mixture is crumbly.
- Add in buttermilk and pumpkin and mix until just combined. Add white chocolate chips.
Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead gently 8 to 10 times. Pat dough to approximately 1 inch thick. Cut out 6 –12 rounds using a biscuit cutter or cut into whatever shapes you desire. Place on greased baking sheet.
Beat egg with fork and 1 Tsp water. Brush tops of scones with egg wash.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until browned and risen.